Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Being in the NOW

Today was adventurous and encouraging. I aced a test that I have dreaded for 3 weeks and visited with people who take the stress away.

Over the last several weeks I have made it my practice to focus on the present moment. Thinking backward...thinking forward...these are processes that often lead to suffering. Since the only thing I can experience is happening now, it would make sense to be in the now. So, Now I am creating a blog where I will talk about what's happening Now. So...

Right Now...

there are three tiny kittens in the guest bedroom, curled under the belly of their kitty mom

there is a loyal German Shepherd snoring behind my chair

there are two beautiful children sleeping in their warm beds, surrounded by their favorite things collected during their 7 and 9 years on earth

there is a stubborn man asleep on the couch, who exhausts himself daily providing for his family

there is a black sky outside my door full of sparkling constellations (which despite their beauty, are ignored in favor of television, blogging and dishes)

there is an empty bed patiently awaiting my surrender

there is melody. breathing bergomot tea.

3 comments:

  1. I have NEVER read a post like this and cried. This is so beautifully written Melody!!! (wish I could write like this.) I longed for more when it ended, thanks so much for sharing! I didn't know you were blogging too,that's so exciting. Can't wait for more. Hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent commentary, Melody. You don't need me to tell you that all we really have is the present. "Yesterday's are over my shoulder and I can't look back there too long....." (Jimmy Buffett) and there is no guarantee for tomorrow. So all we really have is NOW. Thank you for the reminder.

    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donnie,

    I cried when I read your blog too.

    Dennis,

    Jimmy doesn't get enough credit in the wisdome department!

    ReplyDelete